Is it time to re-a system? Wait! Is your QuickBooks functioning OK? Upgrading your computer involves Move or reinstall QuickBooks. Should you have any problems, we’ll help you. Generally speaking, you should upgrade your system every few years. several variables may have influenced this decision, including faster configuration, more space. People may find using QuickBooks accounting software a bit of a challenge They must follow the steps below if they install a newer or identical version of QuickBooks on a new computer. All future payments and expenditure must be monitored, and income must be recorded.
How much does it cost to move QuickBooks to a new system?
Moving QuickBooks to a new system does not necessitate a lengthy list of items; rather, it necessitates a few basic items, which we have outlined below. Let us investigate together:
How to Move or Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on a Different Computer
The following are quick steps for transferring QuickBooks and its data from an older computer to a new one:
Transfer QuickBooks desktop data using the Migrator Tool.
If you need to Move or reinstall QuickBooks desktop to another system, a migrator tool or a manual process can be used. The transfer procedure can be divided into two stages, which we will discuss later in this article. Before proceeding, ensure that you have access to the admin user, as the steps can only be completed with the admin credentials.
Important: You must be the Company Admin to use the Migrator Tool.
The fundamentals of the Migrator tool (How does the tool actually work?)
Before you begin the process, familiarize yourself with the migrator tool’s fundamentals. The migrator tool operates as follows:
- Users may be required to create a complex password in order to unlock everything copied to the new system. The migrator tool uses the password only once. Additionally, the user should keep a record of the password in order to avoid losing it.
- Later, the tool will save to a USB flash drive the last three company files opened.
- And the user will only need to use the flash drive to transfer the files; the migrator tool will take care of the rest of the technical work.
- The tool will then download and install the appropriate version of QuickBooks desktop on the new system.
- Bear in mind that the tool will not reformat the drive or delete any other files.
Steps for setting up and using the Migrator tool in QuickBooks.
Now that you’re familiar with the fundamentals of the migrator tool and other critical information, it’s time to dive into the steps for setting up and using the migrator tool in QuickBooks. The steps can be divided into two sections, one for the old computer and another for the new computer. Let us go over each step one by one:
Step 1: On a pre-existing computer
- To begin, you must download and save the QuickBooks Migrator tools to a USB flash drive. Additionally, it is readily available for download from the official internet website.
- Connect the USB drive to the old system later.
- Navigate to Files > Utilities > Transfer QuickBooks to another system and then select the “I’m Ready” option.
- Additionally, QuickBooks will prompt you to create a complicated password to protect the company files stored on the USB flash drive. Bear in mind that this is a one-time password that you will need when connecting USB to the new system. You are strongly advised to make a note of the password in order to avoid further inconvenience.
- Pay attention to the on-screen instructions, which will initiate the file copying process.
- This process may take some time to complete, which is largely dependent on the size of the company’s files. The average size of a company’s files is between 150 and 250 MB.
Step 2: Installing a new computer
- Because of Windows security protocols, the migrator must be started manually.
- To begin using the migrator tool, the user should open the flash drive, navigate to the Move QuickBooks.bat file, and execute it.
- Subsequently, enter the previously created one-time password and wait for the tool to complete the procedure.
Keep in mind that once the process is complete, the QuickBooks migrator tool file will be automatically deleted, but all other data on the USB will remain untouched. It is strongly recommended that you rename the files on the old system to avoid confusion.
- Additionally, you must navigate to the help tab and click on Register QuickBooks.
- Additionally, enter all required information such as your phone number, postal code, and license key to complete the registration.
Information that will obstruct this process
- Certain information and data may require manual movement by users. This data set contains the following:
- You may need to uninstall Intuit data protect on the old system and reinstall it on the new one.
- This will be an expansion, in addition, of only the three files which have recently been opened will be downloaded.
- QuickBooks payroll and payment service data will need to be manually transferred via the new system’s login screen.
- New users will not receive multi-user configuration information unless they request it.
- If you created a manual backup, it would need to be manually copied.
Transferring QuickBooks desktop to a new system manually
Users can Move or reinstall QuickBooks manually to a new system, which will migrate the majority of the QuickBooks data at once. The following are the steps involved in these processes:
Step 1: Creating a backup of the company files and QuickBooks license is the.
Creating an external storage system backup of your company files and QuickBooks product licence is recommended during this phase.
- Option for a backup company-Screenshot
- QuickBooks enterprise installation-Screenshot
- Now that the backup file has been downloaded, restore it to the new system.
- Restore the screen capture from the backup
- After the data transfer is complete, you can uninstall QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks on your server computer should be uninstalled and reinstalled. -Photograph
Step 2: Restore the company’s backup files to the new system
- Insert the storage device later.
- Proceed by opening QuickBooks and navigating to the file menu, where you can also select the open and restore company option.
- Open or Restore a company file-Image of the Screenshot
- Click on the restore a backup copy option and then on next.
- To restore the backup from the external device, click on the local backup option and then navigate to the backup file created in the previous system.
- Now you must choose a location in the new system for the backup file and finally click on the save tab.
Have you implausibly stated all of the preceding steps? If the answer is yes, you are ready to begin using your QuickBooks accounting software on the new system.
Whereas, if you become stuck at any point or if any of your queries about Move or reinstall QuickBooks remain unresolved, do not hesitate to contact QuickBooks customer service team via our dedicated support line +1(855)-376-1777. Our CPAs and accounting professionals based in the United States will ensure that all your inquiries are promptly addressed!