Discover how to resolve the OL and OLSU Bank feeds errors in QuickBooks: The following OL and OLSU Bank feed errors have been identified: OLSU-1013 and OLSU-1016, OL-203, OL-205, OL-209, OL-221, OL-231, OL-332, OL-334, OL-392, and OL-232 and OL-249. This article will go over specific examples of OL and OLSU errors. If you are experiencing any of these bank feed errors, please read the rest of this post carefully.
QuickBooks provides web-based accounting, which is a unique feature in QuickBooks programming. This feature allows users to accommodate financial balances and provides precise information. But, for every positive factor, there is a negative one, which the OL and OLSU Bank feeds errors into.
Another option for resolving the OL and OLSU bank feeds errors in QuickBooks desktop is to contact a Quickbooks proadvisor or a team of professionals and delegate the situation to them. You can contact us at our toll-free customer service number to discuss your concerns with our experts. They will undoubtedly resolve the problem for you.
Causes of QuickBooks desktop bank feed errors.
There could be several factors that result in OL and OLSU bank feed errors. We’ll highlight a few of them below.
If there is a problem with the bank,
- If you have pending alerts on your online banking account, they need to be acknowledged.
- The bank’s service offering has shifted to web-based or direct connect.
- You have an inactive bank account in QuickBooks, particularly one with online banking.
- The bank’s information is not up to date in QuickBooks’ financial institution directory.
- In addition, if there is a problem with the servers,
- If you are using an unsupported version of QuickBooks, you may encounter this error.
- If there is a problem with your internet connection,
- In addition, if there is an issue with one or more bank accounts in the company file,
- If you use an outdated version of Internet Explorer, you may encounter bank feed errors.
- If the bank file is not QuickBooks compatible,
Pointers to avoid at all costs:
Before you begin the entire process, you should review certain guidelines and pointers. Among these suggestions are the following:
- It is intended to update Internet Explorer to the most recent version.
- Also, make sure you’re connected to the internet and that your firewall isn’t preventing you from connecting to QuickBooks.
- Another critical step is to ensure that you can access the bank’s website from outside of QuickBooks. There should also be no pending alerts.
- It is recommended to match any pending downloaded transactions.
- Backing up the company file is also essential.
- You should ensure that you are using the most recent version of QuickBooks, and if not, you should try updating it as soon as possible.
- Finally, see if the error is visible in the bank feeds in classic mode. If not, this indicates that the bank’s file works best in classic mode.
Methods for Troubleshooting OL and OLSU Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop
Now that you’ve investigated the causes and other pertinent information, it’s time to troubleshoot the error. There are a few solutions you can try to eliminate the OL and OLSU bank feed errors. Let us try each method one at a time:
Method 1: Examining the Internet’s security needs
The most basic method of troubleshooting is to examine the internet security requirements. When connecting to the bank, Internet Explorer and QuickBooks used the TLS 1.2 security protocol to protect the data. The following steps may assist you in checking the TLS settings in Internet Explorer:
- The first step is to navigate to the tools tab.
- The internet options are then selected.
- You must then select the advanced option and scroll down to the security section.
- The next step is to check to see if TLS 1.2 is enabled. If not, it is recommended that you check the box to enable it.
- Then, select the OK tab.
- Exit any applications that are currently running on the system.
- The system should then be restarted before attempting to download the transactions.
Method 2: Downloading bank feed transactions from a test company file
You should download the transactions in a test company file to see if there is a problem with the bank’s servers. The following are the steps involved in this process:
- First, launch the QuickBooks software.
- Then go to the file menu and select the new company.
- Then select the quick start option.
- After that, set up bank feeds for the affected account.
- You must now attempt to download the transactions.
- If the error is discovered, there may be problems with the bank.
Method 3: Determine whether the bank’s file is compatible with QuickBooks.
It is critical that you verify that the file from the bank is compatible with QuickBooks. QuickBooks software only opens transactions with the.qbo file extension. QuickBooks will not open the file if the bank uses a different file extension. To determine whether the problem is with the bank or the file type, you must download the transactions directly from the bank’s website.
- Sign in to the bank’s website outside of QuickBooks for this.
- And then locate and save the bank transaction in the a.qbo file.
- Following that, it is critical to import transactions into QuickBooks.
If you are still unable to open the.qbo file in QuickBooks, there may be a problem with the bank.
Method 4: Reconnecting to the bank
If an inactive bank account is available, you must disable online banking. Then, on the affected account, refresh the bank connection. To begin with, check to see if there are any inactive bank accounts with online banking. The steps to take are as follows:
- First and foremost, go to the company.
- Then choose the charts of accounts.
- Include the inactive box as well.Then look for the inactive account marked with a lightning bolt (this means that the account is set up for online banking).
If you happen to spot one, here’s how to disable online banking.
- Click on the inactive account.
- Then select the Edit Account option.
- Then, navigate to the bank feed settings tab.
- The next step is to select the deactivate all online services option and then click the OK button.
- Also, choose “save and close.”
- The company file should then be closed and reopened.
- You must ensure that the lightning bolt has vanished.
- Set up bank feeds as well, and then try downloading transactions.
It is important to note that while configuring, you must hold down the control key every time a tab is selected, except when entering information. This will re-establish the connection to the bank. If you are unable to locate the error, there may be a problem with the bank connection.
Account creation and consolidation
You must determine whether there is a problem with the company file. To accomplish this, make a copy of the account and then merge it with the old one. This can be accomplished by following the steps outlined below:
- First, look over the account charts.
- Then, right-click the affected account and select Properties. Select the Edit Account option as well.
- The following step is to select and copy the account name.
- After that, add an asterisk to the end of the account name.
- Select the bank feed settings tab.
- Also, make sure to select the “deactivate all online services” tab before clicking the OK button.
- The following step is to select the save and close options.
- Create a new account in the chart of accounts as well. Also, when entering the account name, try pasting the text you copied earlier.
- Close and reopen the company file to complete the process.
Now, combine the accounts.
- Visit the chart of accounts to merge the accounts.
- Then, with your mouse, right-click the account with the asterisk. Select the Edit Account tab as well.
- The following step is to remove the asterisk and select the save and close options.
- Select “yes” to merge the accounts.
- After that, set up bank feeds.
- Then check to see if you can download transactions.
If you are unable to edit or merge the accounts, you may have a corrupted company file.
Disabling and reactivating online banking for other accounts
If it has multiple accounts set up for online banking, you should check to see if the problem stems from one of them. If the account is unable to connect to the bank, it may have an impact on the other accounts.
- You must go to the chart of accounts and then select the “Include inactive checkbox.”
- Then, for each of the accounts, turn it off and then set up online banking.
If you are unable to disable the OL and OLSU Bank feeds errors for any of them, seek professional assistance.
If you carefully read the preceding article and followed the steps correctly, the QuickBooks desktop OL and OLSU bank feeds errors should no longer bother you.
If you get stuck at any point or need technical assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can contact our Quickbooks certified proadvisor toll-free at +1(855)-376-1777. Our experts will gladly correct the error on your behalf.