Incorrect or incomplete QuickBooks Desktop installation can result in a variety of errors when using the QuickBooks Desktop software on Windows and Mac operating systems. One such error that we will look at in this article is QuickBooks Error 6155 0, which appears when you open a company file. The error message displayed on the user’s screen reads, “Error -6155, 0 an error occurred when QuickBooks attempted to access the company file.” If you encountered Error 6155, 0 while opening the company file, then follow the step-by-step troubleshooting instructions in our article for a quick fix.
What is the meaning of QuickBooks Error 6155, 0?
Any error in the 61XX series indicates that there is a problem with the company file or that the QuickBooks Desktop application is having trouble accessing/opening the company file. QuickBooks error 6155, 0 occurs when QuickBooks attempts to open the company file but discovers that it is either missing, corrupt, or damaged. Error 6155, 0 typically appears after running the verify/rebuild data utility, which is used to repair damage in the company file. We’ve listed all the possible causes of QuickBooks company file error 6155, 0.
Why Does QuickBooks Display Error 6155, 0?
- QuickBooks Desktop software installation on Windows was incomplete.
- QuickBooks Desktop company file that has been damaged or corrupted.
- The company file does not exist in the QuickBooks installation directory.
- QuickBooks Desktop is an out-of-date application.
- The company file you are attempting to open is read-only.
How to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error 6155, 0
Troubleshooting Step 1: Run a QuickBooks Desktop Application Update.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and select Update QuickBooks from the Help menu.
- Choose Update Now and wait for QuickBooks to download all the updates.
- Click Exit from the File menu.
- Return to QuickBooks and click Yes on the Update Now popup.
Step 2 of Troubleshooting: Use QuickBooks File Doctor to Repair a Corrupt Company File.
- Install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Double-click the QuickBooks File Doctor installation file that you downloaded.
- Select the Repair Company File option and then click Next.
- Wait for QuickBooks File Doctor to complete the company file repair.
Step 3 of Troubleshooting: Modify the QuickBooks Company File Attribute
- Navigate to the QuickBooks installation directory and select the company file by right-clicking it.
- Uncheck the Read-Only checkbox in the Properties window.
- Then, click Apply, and then OK.
- Try reopening the company file in the QuickBooks Desktop app.
Step 4 of Troubleshooting: Reinstall QuickBooks Using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- In the Run window, press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl in the text box.
- Click OK to return to the list of applications and look for QuickBooks.
- Uninstall the application by double-clicking it.
- Remove the QuickBooks Desktop app completely by following the on-screen instructions.
- Install the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- To install QuickBooks on your computer, follow the instructions on the screen.
If this is the case and you are still unable to resolve the error, please speak to QuickBooks to help live person+1(855)-376-1777, and one of our support experts will assist you in resolving the error as soon as possible.
When attempting to open a company file in the QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) application, error message 6155 appears. It can happen as a result of a corrupted or incorrect QB installation, opening the company file in an older version of QBDT, data damage or corruption in the company file, and so on. You can correct the error by following the step-by-step instructions outlined in this blog. However, if nothing else works and you require immediate access to your company file and its data, Xpertech Accounting Advisors for QuickBooks® Software can repair and restore your QBW file.