Quicken Error CC-505 takes place when your bank website is unavailable to download the new transactions. In this case, you’ll want to wait 24-48 hours and attempt to improve your account again.
If the problem exists after waiting for hours, please proceed further to fix it manually.
Important: If you’re facing this problem along with your standard bank like Wells Fargo, Bank of America, etc. from the last few days. Please contact Quicken Support for similar.
Have you been Quicken Error Code that is facing CC-505? No Worries! The solution is had by us learning to make your Quicken running again.
Before we go ahead because of the solution steps first we’ll look ahead to what causing this issue.
- Range of causing Quicken Error CC-505
- Temporary server issue or a communication error through the bank
- The financial institution website is temporarily unavailable
- Quicken isn’t up to date
Quick Note: You can also face the below errors when transactions are downloading the lender.
3 Basic Steps to Fix Quicken Error CC-505
- Make Quicken that is sure is to date
- Open Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for Updates
- If Quicken is up to date that is great or if not you’ll get a notification to install the latest release on the next screen
- Click Yes to put in it
It could take a while or get an exit for installing the latest update, you don’t need to bother about your work it will likely be saved.
SECOND STEP: Refresh online username and passwords
- Go to the account through the account bar
- Click on the gear icon with a drop-down arrow and then click Update Now (Ctrl+Alt+U)
- On the screen that is next it’ll ask you for a bank password and then click Update Now
- If a free account does update perform some same for other ones that experience the same problem.
If the above-mentioned steps don’t be right for you come and proceed with the below steps.
Quick Notification: You may also experience below error codes below when updating the account.
Quicken Error CC-800, Quicken Error CC-890 or CC-891, Quicken Error CC-892, Quicken Error OL-393-A, Quicken Error OL-301-A, Quicken Error OL-1-B,
THIRD STEP: Deactivate/Reactivate the account that experiences this issue
- Go to Tools > Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Click on Edit for the account that has this error code
- Select Online Services
- Click on Deactivate and then click Yes
- Click OK and Done
Now we’ll take some steps that are extra to ensure Quicken files are safe.
- Go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair…
- Check up on Validate File
- Click OK
- Click Yes, If Quicken asking you to save the transactions
- Now Quicken begins the validation process. ( it might take some time depending on your Quicken file size)
- Once Validation has been completed, you’ll get a DATA_LOG notepad that states your requirements regarding your Quicken file condition.
- If some errors are got by you in DATA_LOG, please contact the Quicken tech support team or
- If no error happens to be found in DATA_LOG, attempt to reactivate the account
Reactivate the account
- Head to Tools > Account List (Ctrl+A)
- Click on Edit when it comes to the same account that experience Quicken error CC-505
- Select Online Services and click put up now…
- In the next screen, you’ll ask for your financial institution logins (username and password)
- Click Save this password (Optional) afterward, it may ask you for a Quicken vault password or Quicken ID and Password
Information: After the separation of Quicken from Intuit Inc. it’s necessary to create a Quicken ID
- Click Connect
- Along the way to reactivate your account quicken will pull your bank information up; remember to LINK it in place of adding it again.
- Click Next and then Finish
You may attempt to uninstall or reinstall Quicken as well.
No longer face Quicken Error CC-505 but in case of an issue still, exist in the software contact Quicken support phone number to speak with an expert or leave your query in the comment section below we’ll respond asp after following all the above steps.