How to Resolve Backup Errors When Backing Up to a CD/DVD ? Most issues that occur when backing up a Quicken data file to a CD using third-party software occur because CD formatting requirements are not followed. If the CD formatting problems persist, back up your Quicken data file while ignoring the CD formatting requirements.
Backup and Restore Centre is a feature in Windows Vista that allows you to back up your files to various storage devices such as network shares, external hard drives, and CDs or DVDs. When an error prevents your data from being backed up, the first thing you should do is double-check that you selected an acceptable backup destination. Vista’s Backup & Restore Centre, for example, does not allow the usage of a tape drive or USB flash drive. You can next troubleshoot the backup source, backup configuration, or backup storage device to see if the issue is with the backup source, backup configuration, or backup storage device.
7 Causes of Failing Data CD or DVD
- a scratched or damaged CD or DVD
- Issues that are incompatible
- Issues with the connection
- A faulty DVD drives
- The files hidden.
- To begin, go to the “Control Panel” and select “Appearance and Personalization.”
- Then select “Window Folder Options” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, you can choose to unhide a file under the “View” tab.
- Problems with the file system
- Infection with a virus
Creating a CD or DVD backup
- Create a folder on your local hard drive to which you can back up your data and call it something like “Quick Backup Data.”
- Begin using Quicken.
- Open the data file you wish to back up if it isn’t already open.
- Back up Quicken File (or Ctrl+B) by going to File > Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File.
- Select “Back up to my computer or hard drive” from the drop-down menu.
- Change to the folder you created in step 1 by clicking Change.
- To begin the backup, click Save and then Back up Now.
- When a notification stating that the backup is complete appears, click OK.
- Using the same techniques, you’d use to copy files to a CD, copy the Quicken data file from the Quicken Backup Data folder to your CD burner. Refer to your computer’s manufacturer’s instructions for more information.
Tips for Troubleshooting
- If you receive an error such as Unable to open-source file, File not backed up, or CD backup, try first backing up your data file to your hard drive, then manually burning the hard drive version to a CD or DVD.
- If the number of characters allowed in a file name in your CD burning programme is limited, you may need to shorten the file name when backing up.
- The amount of space available on the disc and the CD burning software decide the size of the backup file that can be created.
Conclusions : Quicken backup not working
Quicken Online Backup is a stand-alone add-on tool that works hand in hand with other Quicken products like Quicken Rental Property Manager, Quicken Bill Pay, and Quicken Rewards Visa Card.
If you have encrypted your Quicken file with a password or if you are unable to restore your backup file on a new computer, contact the Quicken online backup advisors for assistance.