Quicken has long been regarded as one of the greatest personal finance software programmes for PC users. However, many customers were disappointed by the fact that the Mac version lacked the capabilities featured in the PC version. Quicken has attempted to bridge the gap between its two software versions throughout the years. That was once again the case with Quicken for Mac 2021, the most recent version.
So, is the Mac software finally on par with the PC software? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Quicken for Mac continues to lag Quicken for Windows. However, it is still a powerful piece of software that may be able to meet all your requirements.
Who is Quicken?
Quicken is the king of personal finance software, as far as I’m concerned. Quicken is one of the most well-known personal finance software, has been around for decades. It’s critical to weigh your alternatives when deciding which personal finance software is ideal for you. Don’t forget to think about Quicken (and Quicken for Mac) while deciding which personal finance tool is best for you. Here’s what we thought of Quicken.
Why You Should Invest In Quicken For Mac 2021 ?
- Quicken for Mac requires Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later to run.
- 256 MB of memory or more.
- At least 100 MB of hard disc space is require (you might need more for larger files)
- Display resolution: 1280800 or higher, 1366768 or higher for larger fonts
- Broadband internet access (In order to use Quicken for Mac’s web-based platform, you must first download the software.)
- Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad: iOS 8 or higher is require. Android 4.0 or higher is require for mobile and tablet devices. At this time, Windows Phone and Blackberry are not support.
Will Quicken work on a Mac?
Quicken gets quicker and more powerful with each new version. With the most recent version, nothing has changed. As a subscriber, you’ll receive the most recent updates automatically. In 2021, the following improvements were made to both the Windows and Mac versions:
- Over 500 customer-requested enhancements and fixes, as well as increased dependability
- Any personal finance software with more than 14,500 financial institutions and 11,000 online billers has the strongest connectivity to banks and brokerages.
At the start of 2021, the following features were added specifically for Mac users:
- Start-up time is up to twice as fast.
- In addition, charts and graphs load twice as quickly.
- Backups take four times as long as previous versions.
- Access to over 11,000 online billers and bill PDF downloads*
- Portfolio View has been improve.
- Bills & income now have a new design and feel.
- Dropbox provides 5 GB of secure online backup for your Quicken files.
- Quicken Bill Pay is free, and Quicken phone help prioritis (Premier and above)
Quicken on the Web allows you to manage your money from anywhere. Most recently, in September 2021, quicken revealed that it had added new options to the Portfolio page for its Mac edition, as well as an all-new Investing Dashboard.
Mac users can now examine snapshots of their holdings across various accounts by selecting their account type (Investing, Brokerage, Retirement, or Education). The following snapshots added:
- Type of Holding
- Allocation by Security
- Allocation by Asset Class
Investors will be able to examine their asset allocation and make changes if their current asset mix does not meet their risk profile thanks to these additional insights more easily.
Quicken on the Internet
Quicken on the Web is simply a companion to most other financial apps, which are entirely web-based. This indicates that it is a simplified version of Quicken. Quicken will be able to erase the weaker Mac user experience if it can continue to grow Quicken on the Web into a full-fledged financial programme.
All the following can be done using Quicken on the Web:
- Balances, budgets, accounts, and transactions can all be viewed.
- View spending patterns by category, payee, and other factors.
- With an up-to-date portfolio value, you can keep track of your investment performance.
- Look up prior expenses and see what they cost.
- Always keep track of your finances: Your accounts are synced across desktop, online, and mobile devices.
- Quicken has been redesigned to give you a cleaner, more streamlined experience.
Quicken Advantages and disadvantages
- Budgeting is simple—simple it’s to make budgets and manage your finances.
- Payment and management of bills—You can pay and manage your payments all in one place.
- Robust investment monitoring—Quicken provides thorough information on your investments, and if you have the PC edition, you can gain even more features to manage your portfolios.
- Simple conversion—The process of migrating from Quicken to Quicken for Mac is simple.
- Even if you want to use web-based or mobile-based capabilities, you must use desktop software.
- Quicken for Mac lacks some functions that are available in the PC version, which is a disappointment for Apple users.
- Customer service is inadequate, hours are limited, and Quickens customer service has received numerous negative ratings.
Quicken’s Final Thoughts
Quicken is still one of the best money management tools on the market (at least for Windows). While Quicken for Mac could be better, recent updates have made it a perfectly acceptable option. Finally, compare Quicken to other programmes to see if it will best fulfil your needs or if you should look for anything else.