QuickBooks error 12157 can be caused by a variety of factors, including poor installation, data connectivity issues, upgrade errors, update errors, and so on. This problem is part of the 12000 error series, and it can be caused by web connectivity troubles with Microsoft Win32 internet. Keep in mind that QuickBooks uses this API to quickly access internet protocols like FTP, HTTP, and Gopher.
You might find this error a little perplexing, which is why we’ve created this part, in which we’ll discuss the triggers and processes for resolving QuickBooks error 12157. Continue reading to discover the most efficient answers to this problem.
What causes QuickBooks error 12157 to occur?
The following circumstances can cause the QuickBooks error number 12157:
- Just in case the system’s date or time is inaccurate.
- If you try to update QuickBooks desktop software while using the internet or security programs, you may get this error.
- This error can also occur if your firewall and internet security program have restrictive settings.
- Also, if you have numerous QuickBooks installed on your PC,
How to fix QuickBooks error 12157.
You may fix QuickBooks error 12157 by using the solutions shown below. Let’s have a look at each strategy one by one:
Method 1: Switch to a different internet connection
- This type of problem is frequently caused by incorrect internet connection settings. In this case, you’d have to adjust your internet connection settings. The following are the steps to take in this situation:
- To begin, you must first open QuickBooks.
- After that, go to the help menu.
- Select the internet connection setup as well.
- To establish a connection when this application accesses the internet, select Use my computer’s internet connection settings.
- After that, you must select the next tab.
- The advanced connection settings must be opened.
- Select the advanced tab from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the option to restore advanced settings.
- Restore advanced settings
- Last but not least, select the OK tab and then press the done button.
Method 2: With the exception of the firewall, add QuickBooks and its associated processes.
You’ll need to add QuickBooks to the firewall exceptions list using this method. There are times when the firewall or internet security settings aren’t properly adjusted. You’ll need to make sure that ports 80 and 443 are open. The following set of files should have access in such a scenario:
- QBDBMgrN.exe sQBGDSPlugin.exe sQBLaunch.exe sQBServerUtilityMgr.exe sQuickBooksMessaging.exe sQBCFMonitorService.exe sQBDBMgr.exe
- Restoring the system is the third method.
- Another option for restoring the system is to use this procedure. To successfully eliminate the mistake, follow the procedures below:
- In order to use this method, you must first click the start your system tab.
- And log in as the system administrator.
- You must then press start to catch and click on all the applications, accessories, and computer tools, as well as the option to fix your system.
- Additionally, open a new window and select the re-install my PC option before moving on to the next tab.
- After that, select Restore Point and then Next. To restore the point, select the advanced system.
- In the confirmation window, click next.
- Finally, restart the computer.
Method 4: Resetting the date and time on the system
To resolve the QuickBooks payroll issue 12157 with ease, follow the steps below. You can reset the system’s date and time by following the procedures below:
- To begin, look at the clock that is displayed on the system’s screen.
- Later on, right-click the mouse.
- You must also select the adjusted date/time from the list that comes after the previous step.
- After that, you must choose the current day and time.
- After the date and time have been corrected, select the OK tab to end the window.
- Furthermore, the QuickBooks software must be closed.
- And then reopen it.
- Finish the process by rerunning the QuickBooks update to see whether the error still exists.
- Finally, some words!
That’s all there is to it when it comes to resolving QuickBooks problem 12157. If the error persists after you’ve followed the above instructions, don’t hesitate to contact our QuickBooks error help pros and trained experts. Call us ,if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns.