How do I fix a QuickBooks license error? Some QuickBooks mistakes are so aggravating and irritating that the user is unable to use them. This could result in the loss of important corporate files and information. In this post, we’ve covered everything there is to know about QuickBooks Error Code 3371, including why it occurs, what causes it, and how to fix it on our own.
Note: This is the most serious problem that many QuickBooks users encounter. You may receive error messages such as “QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118” or “QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the licensing data” when this error occurs.
One of these problem messages appears when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop-
The license properties could not be initialized. QuickBooks Error 3371: The licencing data could not be loaded. This could be the result of missing or damaged files.
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
It’s understandable that Intuit has made having licensing information kept on your hard drive a requirement. If that information, file, or licensing data is accidentally damaged, corrupt, or missing, QuickBooks error code 3371 will appear. This can also happen while replicating data from the c:/ drive to another hard disc. In this situation, retyping your license information is required to resolve the issue.
There are a variety of explanations for this error, all of which can be resolve with the help of an expert. One or more of the following reasons may apply:
- QuickBooks Desktop requires a file or component that is either broken or missing.
- Because of Qbregistration.dat: Your licencing information is stored in this installation file. Every time this file is active, Intuit searches for it. QuickBooks Desktop will not open if the file is not working properly or is damaged in any way.
- In terms of the MSXML component that has been damaged, MSXML is a critical component offered by Microsoft. It’s required for QB desktop to run on your computer. This component allows QuickBooks Desktop to open by retrieving information from the QBregistration.dat file. It may be tough to access this accounting software if it becomes destroyed.
- Anti-Virus Interruption: An anti-virus programme or an outdated Windows OS that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- Users of Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise who use Web Connect: Users of QB may also encounter this problem if they open the corporate file without first saving it. Before importing the. QBO file, they must first save the file.
- This can happen if you open a file without saving it first. As a result, you should save the. QBO file before importing it.
You should be aware of the following crucial points:
If you don’t have the latest Windows updates installed, your QuickBooks installation may fail or be harmed. As a result, you must ensure that the most recent version is installed.
If you’re still getting the same issues after trying all of the fixes, then you’ll need to work with a certified IT professional or contact Microsoft support to get your Windows Operating System questions answered.
Troubleshooting Procedures for QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118
This infographic will help you quickly grasp everything you need to know about QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. However, you can follow the procedures outlined below to quickly resolve this issue.
The following are the most recent solutions for QuickBooks problem number 3371:
Solution 1: Install the most recent version of the Windows operating system.
Important: If you do not apply the latest Windows updates, your QuickBooks Desktop installation may fail or become corrupted. Check to see if Windows is up to date.
The steps for installing the Windows update are as follows:
- Select the ‘Windows logo ‘from the drop-down menu.
- Select “All Programs” and then “Windows Update.”
- Simply click ‘Install QuickBooks ‘after installing the updates.
In most cases, the problem is fixed after using the first technique. If the issue persists after attempting the first option, we have provided other solutions below.
Solution 2: Rename the Entitlement file and delete the ECML file.
The symptoms normally appear when a user tries to open a company file in QuickBooks accounting software and is unable to do so, and then resolves when attempting to fix or install the software fails due to an incorrect technique. It immediately requests a weird html file.
- To launch the file, hold down the Windows key and the R key on your computer. It’ll bring up a Run window.
- C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 should be typed or copied into that window and pasted there (or the appropriate location on your system where QuickBooks saves entitlement information).
- Then press and hold the OK key button for one second. This will launch Window Explorer in the specified location.
- To fix issue 3371, a user can quickly locate the ecml file, right-click on it, and then select the delete option.
- Close this window before attempting to reinstall QuickBooks.
- If you fail to register the product, you will be requested to do so again.
- Even though there are numerous options available on the internet, you should choose the most dependable. You can seek advice from professionals or delegate this task to them.
If you’re using Windows XP, follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Windows XP (Windows XP):
- Select ‘Run‘from the ‘Start‘ menu.
- Then, in the ‘Open field,’ type the following command:
- Application DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2 and C:/Documents and ‘Settings All Users ‘
- (Please keep in mind that you may have more than one ‘V’ folder, so look for the most recent one.)
- Then press the ‘OK’ button.
- To fix the problem, either delete the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file or rename it.
Solutions 3: Install the most recent Windows updates as a third option.
If the problem persists after completing the preceding steps, follow the simple instructions below.
- First, install the most recent Windows updates, then press the Start key.
- After that, choose all apps and upgrade your operating system.
- Then go to the update option and click it to see if there are any new updates.
- You’ll need to reinstall QuickBooks after the update has completed successfully.
You should have addressed the error after attempting all the steps listed above. If the problem persists, follow the procedures below.
Solution 4: Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The user must first shut down QuickBooks.
- Then, on your computer, install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- The next step is to choose the option to “Quick Fix My Program.”
- Then, to fix the error, choose installation issues and look for Error 3371.
- When you’re finished, go to the OK tab.
- The final step is to launch QuickBooks and navigate to the data file.
This program will restore the damaged file by automatically resolving license, validation, and registration difficulties in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5: Open the tool hub software and run the QuickBooks setup diagnostic tool.
- On your server computer, launch the tool hub software.
- After that, go to Installation Issues and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, which you should run.
- Allow the tool to run for a few minutes.
- Restart your computer once the tool is finished.
Solution 6: Correct the QuickBooks License Error manually.
Simply follow the instructions outlined below to resolve the error:
- First and foremost, repair the entitlementDataStore.ecml file and resolve the licence and registration issues.
- Then use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix Microsoft.NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues.
- Reinstall using a clean installation method.
- Run the reboot. File the program.
- Update QuickBooks to the most recent version.
It’s time to wind down!
I hope the procedures outlined above were helpful and that you were able to repair QuickBooks issue number 3371. If the error persists or you are unable to use your program, How do I talk to someone at QuickBooks to seek immediate professional assistance by calling our Xpertech Accounting Advisors staff Without further ado, our specialists and experienced professionals will assist you in correcting the issue? As a result, please do not hesitate to contact us at any moment. Our team will be delighted to assist you!