QuickBooks allows you to use company files on multiple computers and give various users the right to focus on a single company file. An authorized user can focus on a file with the aid of QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about manual company file sync as the software takes care of everything if you have the Database Server Manager installed.
People Also Search
Installing Database Server Manager
By default, QuickBooks installs QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your desktop. Before proceeding ahead, just look at your QuickBooks installation directory for similar. In the event that Database Server Manager just isn’t installed, then just proceed with the below-mentioned steps:
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and visit your downloads by pressing CTRL+J
- Using your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to permit this app which will make changes
- Now click on Next to then install it and click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next after which Install (it would likely take a moment)
- After the installation is click that is complete Finish
- Now QuickBooks that is open Tool (Icon is likely to be available on the desktop)
- Under Network Issues tab click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Once you install the tool, don’t forget to provide all the users permission to get into the ongoing company folders. By default, QuickBooks database server manager creates a unique user for each installation.
Using Database Server Manager for Providing Multi-user Access
After the installation is complete and you’ve provided user that is necessary, proceed with the below-mentioned steps:
Step one: Scan the Folders Where Your Company Files are Stored
Once you open the Database Server Manager the very first time, you will be asked to scan for company files. You will need to scan the folders just once. This is how to do the same:
- Head over to the ‘Scan Folders’ tab.
- Click on Browse and select the folder that stores your organization file (.QBW)
- Click on ‘OK’ and ‘Start Scan’
- After the scanning ends, you can see the folder within the ‘QuickBooks company files found’ segment. The files within the segment are now actually prepared to be applied off their computers in the network.
Step 2: Monitor storage drives
After you have scanned the folders successfully, you’ll be able to look at drives when you look at the ‘Monitored drives tab that is. Click on a drive to monitor the drives periodically. This can get rid of the need for rescanning if you move company files from their original folder. For doing exactly the same, you just need to proceed with the steps that are following
- Head over to the ‘Monitored Drives’ tab.
- Go through the checkbox corresponding to the drive that stores your organization files.
- Items to Bear In Mind
- You will need the Database Server Manager for a number of routine tasks associated with multi-user access. Keep carefully the tabs that are following their uses in your mind for smooth functioning.
- System Tab: Check where Database Server Manager is installed on your pc
- Database Server: check connection that is real-time and determine who all connected and therefore are making use of the company file
- Troubleshooting Common Database Server Errors
- Then the best way to deal with the same is to restart the tool if you are experiencing an issue while using the Database Server Manager. Follow the steps to restart the Database Server manager:
A. If both QuickBooks Desktop & Database Server Manager are Installed on Server
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to File Menu and then click on ‘Open or Restore Company’
- Select ‘Open a ongoing company File’, choose your file and then click on next
- Be sure to check out the ‘open file in multi-user mode’ option and then click on open
- Log in to the file utilizing your credentials
- Now go directly to the ‘File’ menu and close the ongoing company file. This may close your business file on the server computer.
- Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Allow the tool start and you will see your file up and running.
B. If perhaps Database Server Manager is installed in your Server
- Click on Start Menu
- Open Control Panel
- Head over to Administrative Tools
- Click on Services option from the list
- Find ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ (XX represents the of database server manager version release) service year. Right-click upon it and select ‘Restart’ Your Database Server Manager should restart automatically. Then we recommend following the steps once again if it still doesn’t restart.
All In All
Database Server Manager is a tool that is really effective multi-user file access on QuickBooks. In the event that you run a small company or company with different stakeholders, then utilizing the tool makes it possible to manage operations efficiently. I am hoping you might be now well informed on the best way to use Database Server Manager for configuring up your own company that is multi-user.
After following all of the above steps you can easily download and install QuickBooks desktop database server manager on your computer. If any query like how do I talk to someone at QuickBooks is needed by you with QuickBooks desktop, please consult with our experts.