You can find Quicken Error OL-362-a while updating the account using online services. Error Code OL-362 commonly arises as soon as the bank account data is out of sync using the bank server. This can be reflected as OL-362-A or OL-362-B.
Table of Contents
Reasons for Quicken error of-362-a
- You may be facing ol-362-a quicken error due to your following reasons-
- You have not installed the latest version of Quicken
- The financial institution information fails along with your details
- Bank details are outdated
Fix quicken error of-362-a
Do that before fixing error of-362-a Before troubleshooting the nagging problem, make certain you follow the below-mentioned steps-
Create a backup
- It is advisable to have a backup before fixing error ol-362-a, just in case your computer data gets lost. Utilize the steps that are following create a backup to be safe-
- Open Quicken
- Go to ‘Back and Restore’ and then click on ‘Back up Quicken File’
- Drag your cursor to ‘Back Up Now’
Don’t download transactions automatically
You might be required to deactivate your bank account but before that, it’s advised to show off automatically add the transactions towards the banking register tab that helps to dodge the replication of transactions into the account. Proceed with the below-mentioned steps to get it done-
- Head to Edit and click on Preferences
- Click on Download Transactions
- You will see an alternative ‘Automatically add to banking registers’. Uncheck that box
- Once you are done, click on OK
Steps to repair Quicken Error ol-362-a
It is possible to fix Quicken error OL-362-A by using these 2 basic steps.
1 : Update Quicken to the most recent version
- Launch Quicken
- Access Help > Examine for updates
- If an update is available for installation, select Yes to begin the process.
2: Deactivate an Account In order to resolve this issue, you might have to deactivate an account.
- Data loss is not a result of deactivating an account.
- (Ctrl+A) select Tools > Account List.
- You can now select Edit for the account that is causing this issue.
- Choose the Online Services tab, then click Deactivate. Next, click Yes to confirm your decision. Finally, click OK to finish.
3: Reactivate the Deactivated Account
- Navigate to Tools > Add Account…
- Then decide what kind of account you want, such as a checking or savings account.
- Select Advanced Setup now (in the bottom left corner).
- Type your bank’s or financial institution’s name now.
- Next, click.
- Choose an appropriate connection method, then click Next.
- Enter the bank now. Password and username
- Click Connect after that.
- Quicken is now looking up your financial accounts.
- It’s time to reactivate your account once you can access the list of your accounts.
- You must link it to an existing Quicken account rather than adding the accounts from scratch (see image below).
- then choose Finish and Next.
It will be possible to fix the error that is quicken or error ol-362-b by following these previously discussed steps. However, you can dial our quicken helpline number if you still face any issues.