You may receive the error “The Update Failed to Install” while updating the Quicken software. This usually occurs when the Quicken installation conflicts with another program on your computer.
Because there are numerous possible causes for this problem, we’ve included the troubleshooting procedures below to get Quicken back up and running.
Before you begin troubleshooting, there are a few things you should do.
Before beginning the troubleshooting process, make sure you can open the Quicken program by following the instructions below.
- Make a backup of your Quicken data files.
- Quicken is now open.
- Backup and restore your data by going to File > Backup and Restore.
Validate Quicken File by clicking Backup Now.
- Select File > Validate & Repair from the File menu.
- Check the Validate box.
- Then press OK.
- The causes of the problem
- The Quicken software installation has been corrupt.
- The update process is being hampered by another program.
- The temp folder in Windows is far too large.
Note: The process of resolving this error code may be lengthy. However, you can speak with one of our specialists for assistance. Call toll-free or leave a message and we’ll get back to you.
Quicken Update Failed to Install : How do I repair Quicken installation?
Ensure that the Quicken software is closed before beginning the troubleshooting steps.
Step 1: Download and install the Quicken Mondo Patch.
- Click on the Mondo Patch update link after downloading the Quicken Mondo patch from the Quicken website.
- Once the patch has been downloaded, double-click it to install it. Then select Update.
- If prompted, select yes to provide permission.
- When the update is finished, click the Start Quicken button.
If the problem persists, please continue with the procedures listed below.
Step 2: Delete the Windows Temporary Files Folder
- Quicken the process
- To open the File Explorer, press the Windows keys simultaneously.
- Right-click the (C 🙂 drive and choose Properties.
- Select Disk Cleanup from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure only the temporary files are checked. If any other files are checked, make sure they are unchecked.
- Then press OK.
- Select Delete Files from the drop-down menu. The transient file may take some time to remove.
Incorrect Quicken Installation Location (Step 3)
- Right-click the Quicken desktop icon and select Properties.
- Property Selection
- Make sure the target site is selected under the Shortcut tab. “C: Program Files (x86) Quickenqw.exe” should be the target location. If it isn’t, reinstalling Quicken may be able to help you address the problem.
- Jump to the next step if the target location is right.
Step 4: Another program is interfering with the update.
Other application processes may collide with the Quicken update, so it’s a good idea to close them when installing Quicken. Restarting the machine may also help.
- To restart the computer, follow these steps:
- To begin, press the Start button.
- Press and hold the power key.
- Choose Restart.
- When your machine is back up and running, follow the steps in Step 1 to install the Mondo patch update.
Step 5: Reinstall Quicken Software after uninstalling it.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the software can potentially assist in remedying this issue if the Quicken installation is damaged or corrupted.
Quicken should be uninstalled.
- To open the Run command, press the Windows+R keys together.
- Click OK after typing Control.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of apps, select Quicken and then click Uninstall (at the top).
- To uninstall the software, follow the onscreen instructions.
You will no longer have this problem if you complete all of the preceding instructions. An Error Occurred: The Update Failed to Install in Quicken. If the issue persists, you may speak with one of our specialists for a quick fix.