You may encounter the following error when installing or updating QuickBooks Desktop: We’re sorry, but it appears that you’ll need to purchase a subscription to begin using QuickBooks Desktop. This problem usually occurs because of a problem with Windows.
This problem can also occur when a third-party app interferes with processes that require QuickBooks Desktop to be running. You may also encounter problems with the.NET framework. You can fix this by following the steps below.
We’ve talked about the causes and steps to take to resolve this problem.
Before you begin troubleshooting, there is one thing you must do.
If you can open the company file, it is recommended that you create a backup before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps.
Make a backup of your company’s files.
- Start QuickBooks.
- Navigate to File > Backup Company > Make a Local Backup > Make a Local Backup
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions to create a backup of your company’s files.
Install the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to Help > QuickBooks Desktop should be updated…
- Click the Update Now button.
- Select “Get Updates.”
- The QuickBooks Desktop update may take some time.
Note: While the process of resolving this may be complex, you can consult with our experts for a quick resolution. Call toll-free or leave a message, and we’ll get back to you.
6 Easy Steps to Troubleshoot an Error: We’re sorry,but it appears that you’ll need to purchase a subscription
Step 1: Clear Internet Explorer’s cache and cookies.
- To open the Run command, press the Windows+R keys together.
- To open the Internet Properties, type inetcpl.cpl and press OK.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Then select Reset.
- Click Reset once more.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
Step 2: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then navigate to your downloaded file by pressing CTRL+J.
- exe can be found in your downloads folder.
- Allow this app to make changes by clicking Yes.
- Now, click Next to install it, and then Yes to accept the licence agreement.
- Next, click Next, and then Set up (it may take some time)
- When the installation is finished, click Finish.
Step 3: Use the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool to troubleshoot your QuickBooks installation.
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Navigate to the Installation Issues tab and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When the procedure is finished, click OK.
- Open the QuickBooks company file now.
- If the problem persists, please proceed with the steps listed below.
Step 4: Turn off any firewall or antivirus software.
We must temporarily disable the firewall and antivirus because they may prevent QuickBooks Desktop from running.
To disable the Firewall
- To open a Run command, press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Enter Control and press OK.
- Navigate to System and Security.
- Choose Windows Defender Firewall.
- Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left bar.
- Select “Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall” from the Private and Public network settings.
To disable an antivirus program
- Select the System Tray
- Then, right-click on the antivirus and select “turn off/disable”.
You can also go to the website of your antivirus software manufacturer to temporarily disable or turn it off.
Step 5: Install QuickBooks Desktop or re-run the update.
If you were unable to install QuickBooks Desktop and received the following error: We are sorry, it appears that you require a subscription to begin using QuickBooks Desktop. You can install QuickBooks Desktop now or run the update again.
Make a note of your QuickBooks license and product number. Install QuickBooks Desktop as follows:
- Go to the QuickBooks Downloads website and then select Standard Setup.
- Now choose your country, followed by your product, such as QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and so on.
- Select a year, such as 2020, 2021, or 2022.
- Then select Download.
- Run the setup.exe to install QuickBooks once it has been downloaded.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks Desktop
Step 6: Create a New Windows Administrator User Account
- Right-click the Start key and select Settings.
- Accounts should be selected.
- Select your family and other users.
- Click here Add a new user to this PC.
- To create a new user, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Give the new user full administrator privileges.
If you are using Windows 7 or 8, please go to the Microsoft website to create a new user.
After completing all the preceding steps, you will no longer encounter the following error: We’re sorry, but it appears that you’ll need to purchase a subscription to begin using QuickBooks Desktop; however if the same issue persists, Quickbooks talk to a person for a quick resolution.